Michele De Lucchi was born in 1951 in Ferrara and graduated in architecture in Florence. In the years of radical and experimental architecture, he was a major player in such movements as Cavart, Alchymia, and Memphis. Designed lamps and furnishing items for the most renowned Italian and European companies. Was in charge of Design at Olivetti from 1988 to 2002, developed experimental projects and conceived a number of personal theories on office development. Designed and refurbished buildings in Japan for NTT, in Germany for Deutsche Bank, in Switzerland for Novartis, and in Italy for Enel, Olivetti, Piaggio, Poste Italiane, Telecom Italia. Has been in charge of requalification of a number of power plants for Enel since 1999. Cooperated to the image development of Deutsche Bank, Deutsche Bundesbahn, Enel, Poste Italiane, Telecom Italia, Hera, Intesa Sanpaolo, and other Italian and foreign companies, introducing technical and aesthetic innovation in work places. Designed set-ups for art and design exhibitions, as well as buildings and exhibiting layouts for such museums as the Milan Triennale, the Palazzo delle Esposizioni in Rome, the Neues Museum in Berlin. In recent years, developed a number of architecture projects for private and public clients in Georgia, including the Ministry of the Interiors and the Bridge of Peace in Tbilisi, recently opened. His professional activity was always supported by personal studies on the themes of design, drawing, technology, and handicraft. In 1990 created Produzione Privata, a small enterprise in which Michele De Lucchi designs products that are then implemented using craft techniques and methods. Has been carving small houses in wood using a power saw since 2004 in order to pursue the essential character of architectural forms.