Who we are
This Privacy Notice is published by Ivor Innes Ltd, a company registered in England and Wales under number 1278997 ("Innes" or "we" or "us") and has been published so that you are aware of how and why we collect and process your personal data.
Our details are as follows:
Legal Entity: Ivor Innes Ltd
Information Commissioners Office Registration Number: Z7925324
Data Protection Officer: Company Secretary
Email address: [email protected]
Postal Address: 11-13 The Square, Hessle, East Yorkshire HU13 0AF
Any reference to you or yours means is a reference to any user of this site, of our services or any person who supplies us with information.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
- In the case of job applicants; CVs and references relevant to the role that you are applying for
- In the case of employees; details of your spouse/partner/ next of kin. Qualifications and records relevant to your employment such as driving licence details and professional qualifications.Information that we acquire during the course of your employment such as sickness record, attendance, performance, training records, disciplinary, conduct and grievances.
The time period for which we keep information varies according to what we use the information for. Unless there is a specific legal requirement for us to keep information, we will keep your information for as long as it is relevant and useful for the purpose for which it was collected.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by letting us know using our Contact Us information
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please email us this request at [email protected]
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
We will never sell or rent our customer data to other organisations for marketing purposes. We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties for their control unless we have your permission, or we need to do so in order to fulfill a contractual obligation to you or are required by law to do so. Where we do seek your permission, we will name the relevant third party at the time we seek such permission from you and any such permission shall be limited to that third party.
Ordinarily, we will be the party collecting your information directly from you. However, there may be situations where this information is obtained by us from third parties. Examples of this would include:
- Contract with a third party haulage company or engineer to make delivery or provide our services to you
- Directly from a third party e.g. credit reference agencies
- From a third party with your consent e.g. your bank or building society, your doctor, other medical practitioner, professional body, pension provider
As part of the registration process for our e-newsletter, we collect personal information. We use that information for the following reasons: to tell you about things you’ve asked us to tell you about; to contact you if we need to obtain or provide additional information; to check our records are right and to check every now and then that you’re happy and satisfied. We don't rent or trade email lists with other organisations and businesses.
We use a third party provider, MailChimp, to deliver our e-newsletter. We gather statistics around email opening and clicks using industry standard technologies to help us monitor and improve our e-newsletter. For more information, please see MailChimp’s privacy notice.
We use programs such as Google Analytics to help us find out:
- How many people visit our websites
- Which pages and parts of pages are most popular
- How long people spend in each area of the website
- What information people are looking for
These insights help us understand what customers want from our website and, consequently, how we can improve the website in the future.
- Browser types
- Operating systems
- Third party sites that direct you to us
- The time and date of a visit
The table below lists the main cookies that we collect and what information they store.
|Cookie Name||Cookie Description|
|FORM_KEY||Stores randomly generated key used to prevent forged requests.|
|PHPSESSID||Your session ID on the server.|
|GUEST-VIEW||Allows guests to view and edit their orders.|
|PERSISTENT_SHOPPING_CART||A link to information about your cart and viewing history, if you have asked for this.|
|STF||Information on products you have emailed to friends.|
|STORE||The store view or language you have selected.|
|MAGE-CACHE-SESSID||Facilitates caching of content on the browser to make pages load faster.|
|MAGE-CACHE-STORAGE||Facilitates caching of content on the browser to make pages load faster.|
|MAGE-CACHE-STORAGE-SECTION-INVALIDATION||Facilitates caching of content on the browser to make pages load faster.|
|MAGE-CACHE-TIMEOUT||Facilitates caching of content on the browser to make pages load faster.|
|SECTION-DATA-IDS||Facilitates caching of content on the browser to make pages load faster.|
|PRIVATE_CONTENT_VERSION||Facilitates caching of content on the browser to make pages load faster.|
|X-MAGENTO-VARY||Facilitates caching of content on the server to make pages load faster.|
|MAGE-TRANSLATION-FILE-VERSION||Facilitates translation of content to other languages.|
|MAGE-TRANSLATION-STORAGE||Facilitates translation of content to other languages.|
How to complain
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect, out of date or incomplete, please write, email or call us as soon as possible, using the details set out above. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect. To protect your privacy and security, we will take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access or making corrections.
You also have the right to complain to the regulator, and to lodge an appeal if you are not happy with the outcome of a complaint.
In the UK, this is the Information Commissioner’s Office. Find out on their website how to report a concern.